1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pulitzer Prize Winners

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by garrow, May 9, 2022.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Also “Network.”

2. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

The major metro I worked at for more than 20 years finally won its first Pulitzer in 2013 -- and deservedly so -- five years after I left. In the midst of the newsroom celebration, news of the Boston Marathon bombing broke. That ended the party.

And on another occasion in the late '90s, management was so confident it would win a Pulitzer for an investigative project that the champagne was on ice. But when the announcement came, we were a runner-up. The managing editor, who reportedly had a drink or two at lunch in anticipation of the award, started crying and said, "We'll win one of these DAMN things yet." Didn't happen until long after her departure.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Kudos to all.
    It helps to be well resourced and it helps to have a natural disaster or other event of human peril in your neighborhood. But this is all important work, and it helps explain the value of what journalism can achieve.

dixiehack and garrow like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not to take away from the greater point, which is spot-on, but in addition to staff cuts, how many newsrooms are back in business post-covid?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The poet who won is worth a read.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted