1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

OK, what if…… KO’s speech that Jey overheard about turning on them before they turn on you ACTUALLY hit home for Jey and he’s the one who turns tonight?!?

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess if they can't get one British guy past his prime to announce War Games...

Batman likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

It's a thought, but I think the first fracture in the Bloodline will still involve Sami. May not be tonight, but it will come some time before February's Elimination Chamber in Montreal -- where Sami is a god (I still remember his US title match against Cena, where Sami got a bigger pop than Bret Hart). Not saying Sami will be the one to end Roman, but I can see Sami/KO being the ones to end the Usos in Montreal.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they were to do that, does that lead to Jey being the one to finally end Roman's ... ummm ... reign? It would bring the whole Bloodline angle full circle, since Jey initially challenged Roman back when it was first forming. That was a pretty good feud, too. Wouldn't kill them to run it back. I think I'd rather see that feud with some great build-up than having The Rock parachute in for a Wrestlemania one-off against Roman.
    Plus, if we're fantasy booking this thing, they could still bring in The Rock but have him in Jey's corner. You get the shine of the Rock without the need for him to wrestle a full Wrestlemania main event caliber match, he could still get involved with the other Bloodline members, and it's a plausible transition from Roman's dominance to a new direction.

5. JimmyHoward33

Could be. They could also re-run the heyman/lesnar thing where Jey appears to turn but eventually they all jump Sami and it was all a ruse.

Jeys just so good with the facials right now, the way he was listening to KO’s speech could’ve been read as “hmmmm Roman gonna turn on me isnt he?”

Speech was also exactly why KO is a heel. Like of course “that’s what you’d do” cuz youre a snake. That segment, and Romans backstage segs tonight, so friggin good

6. nietsroob17

War Games matches were good. Others were fine.

Must admit, I'm surprised we didn't get any shenanigans -- especially in the men's match.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

War Games matches were fine. Women’s was a fun trainwreck while the men’s furthers along Sami and the Bloodline quite nicely.

We’re just about in the December holiday lull before building up to the Rumble. They’ll need someone to challenge Bianca for now. As for the men, I’d think they’ll continue having KO, Drew and the Brutes battle a more unified (for now) Bloodline until they figure out between Sami and Jey which one turns face.

Theory is fine as US champ. He can deal with Lashley and Rollins for the lull. A.J./Finn was two old pros doing their thing. Nobody thought Shotzi had a chance. Ronda’s in a weird spot. Nobody really cares about her; the bloom is long off, and essentially l, we have to wait a while until she feuds with Baszler.

8. JimmyHoward33

I thought the bloodline stuff was outstanding. (Not sure why drew and the brutes were even in there but oh well)

The US title trio was really good too. Rest was filler

9. nietsroob17

Who else would they have fought? The only other guys that have considerable beef with the Bloodline would be Woods and Kofi.

10. JimmyHoward33

i know they were in there bc the match had to be 5v5 but it was a little comical all 4 basically disappeared for the whole finsih

11. nietsroob17

That was a great "The Man of the People" segment to open Raw.

Love a good old-fashioned fight in the concourse.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They keep playing up the deep, lifelong friendship between Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.
    Are we supposed to suddenly forget that they've turned on each other about 500 times in the past five years?

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted