1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

After watching MJFs post show promo Im more convinced than ever that hes gonna cheat to win and try and be a bigger heel than ever

i just hope its with a Regal heel turn rather than the bunch of jabronis hanging around with Hathaway

Gutter likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That has to be the play for the match - MJF uses the DDP ring to win the title. Not sure if they’ll split up BCC so soon unless they plan to flip some members heel with Regal.

Also, I’m beginning to think Adam Cole might be done due to that Forbidden Door concussion.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Looks like the rumors of KO having a knee injury (at least one bad enough to sideline him) were unfounded.

The men's Wargames match is going to be absolute insanity.

4. nietsroob17

A heel turn for Athena is fresh. And I like seeing Aubrey Edwards get involved some -- since she obviously can't take any attacks from the male wrestlers.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To be fair, Aubrey put her hands on Athena first.

That said, Athena got a more of a reaction hitting Aubrey than during the entire match.

6. Inky_Wretch

Nice call.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

So, who's the fifth member of Team Bianca in the women's War Games match?

Candice?
    Dana?
    Becky?
    Beth?
    Sasha?
    Tegan?

All of them have some sort of beef that could be tied in with at least one member of the heel team.

Do we see the fifth member revealed tonight, or do we get the reveal at War Games itself, like with KO at NXT's War Games against the UE.

8. Inky_Wretch

George Kittle is All Elite.

9. JimmyHoward33

I think Candace makes the most sense unless she’s hurt. Would also mean I think half of the entrants have experience from the NXT war games match, BelAir, Ripley, Io and Dakota having been in em before

10. nietsroob17

Logically, it does make sense, but I don't think Candice fits as the suspenseful last-second announcement. She hasn't really built the notoriety back since her return.

Tegan Nox, too. Supposedly, H wants her back and she has the eternal feud with Dakota Kai after being stripped of her Wargames moment. But she's been off TV for so long since she got cut after that failed main roster run.

I gotta believe it'll be one of the big names -- Becky, Beth or Banks.

11. JimmyHoward33

Beth is a great call that’s gotta be the one

12. nietsroob17

Ha. People thought this Scrypts guy in NXT would be some big debut or imposing new face.

It's Reggie in a mask.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted