1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022-23 college basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 25, 2022.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No, I did not expect to see this thread today either.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How did the Jaspers let it come to this?

wicked likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seriously, you extend or dump with a year left on a contract. You don't want a lame duck coach.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Read somewhere that there’s a thing between the AD and coach. If the AD made this move without the president on board, I imagine she’ll be fired.

Apparently the entire roster is about to enter the transfer portal.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Is the move toward the portal the result of the execution or the cause of it?
    Stay put, fellas. If you're at Manhattan, you're not going to have any suitors at this point in the year. And you probably won't be inundated with other Division I opportunities come April. Particularly if you do nothing between now and then.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And how do you recruit for next season? "Hi I'm the iterim coach. I may not be back next year, but we've got a great program in your major."

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The result of it. His replacement is an assistant who played for him there. The attempt to make it look like they were considering the players went down in flames.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There is zero incentive for mid-majors to recruit star players now. You have to get projects and low-ceiling players so you know you’ll have them for multiple seasons. It is absolute chaos.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think you go the other way and look for transfers from higher programs who want playing time. And you sell NYC.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'd guess moderately disappointing prospects at Rutgers and St. John's would be their prime targets.

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

"Come play here, now. Big city. Media exposure. Branding. Halal gyro carts on every corner. Rucker Park possibilities. So many options."

"Coach, what's a Jasper?"

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted