1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Oh lord, the first vignette for Eva Marie's return. Yet they kick Mickie and the Iconics to tht curb.

2. nietsroob17

So in place of a Saudi super show, I'm guessing they'll be giving the U.S. belt to Mansoor?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don’t know if Heyman is just providing his usual great facial expression and response, but a part of me wonders if that response might foreshadow Tamina joining the Roman Reigns stable. Like, the wheels are turning in Heyman’s head that perhaps she could be of good use. Or maybe I’m overthinking this.

JRoyal likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

NXT with the high-class comedy tonight -- boobs and dog shit.

5. nietsroob17

Watched the season finale of "Young Rock" tonight. Glad it got renewed for a second season, but bummed we've got to wait until fall or winter probably for new episodes.

Great ending to the finale without spoiling anything.

It really was a great show. Not just for the wrestling stuff, but the realism of all the real-life people (got to see them use footage of Warren Sapp stomping on my alma mater). And the casting was SPOT ON with help of makeup and costuming of course.

Looking forward to them going further into his formative years in WWE next season. Dwayne on social media even said he thought they may have to break out Flex Kavana.

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a women’s wrestler better with the “plunder” and hardcore style than Candace? Wow. Ridiculous main event on nxt

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

The Way is one of my favorite things on wrestling right now. Great promos outside the ring, awesome chemistry and excellent matches. Austin Theory was on the fast track to future endeavors, but he's awesome with the Way.

JimmyHoward33 and nietsroob17 like this.
  8. nietsroob17

For as good as the face of the brand he was for so many years, Gargano is an awesome sniveling heel. Theory is a great doofus, Candace killing it as always and Indi has come out of nowhere, especially with the stuff with Lumis.

JRoyal and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

its freaking outstanding. Id love to know whos writing it, if its Johnny and Candace themselves or what. Reminds of the Edge and Christian stuff with Brian Gerwitz. Its spot on with my brand of humor

JRoyal likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

Tony Schiavone: "That no good piece of shit's not gonna..."

I don't seem to remember that line from when he and JR worked the first WarGames.

11. nietsroob17

That was a good Blood & Guts match, but a pretty BS ending between the surrender to save Jericho, and Jericho falling onto the giant crash pad covered with particle board.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

For all the blood in tonight's AEW, there was a weird moment when Cody Rhodes got a cut over his right eye ... from when he bent down to grab QT's legs for a takedown leading to a figure four. What the F did he hit? The eyelet where the drawstring goes into the tights?

Draft saved Draft deleted