1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

If Trish was 1, Lita should've been in the top 5 ahead of Asuka.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Great, they break up the Hurt Business less than a month before WrestleMania.

Way to go in killing one of your better storylines, WWE. Good job.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Just give Braun/Shane the WrestleCrap Worst of 2021 award already. This makes Retribution look brilliant.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Im not sold Hurt Business isnt some kinda swerve.

and the Shane segment was the most cringe thing on raw since I dont know when. Lana wedding? This is your life Bayley? Embarrassingly bad

5. nietsroob17

So Andrade said in his first post-release interview that Charlotte was medically disqualified after WWE medical falsely deemed that she was pregnant because of certain elevated levels in her system.

6. JimmyHoward33

thats REALLY strange and I probably would’ve kept that to myself if I was andrade as it raises questions about PED use.

7. nietsroob17

Lord ... they split Lashley from two of the most athletically gifted guys on the roster and ally him with frickin' Baron Corbin?!?!

Dear God.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That’s one way to keep fans from starting to cheer Lashley and THB ... remove them and insert Corbin.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I ended up going to bed at 10:45 just because I couldn't stay awake and I wasn't giving a shit, so I missed the Corbin stuff. Looks like I made the right decision.

The Hurt Business breakup is just another example of the E not letting things breathe. They had a well-regarded act that made Lashley look dominant, made MVP look great, made Shelton relevant again and could have built up a future star in Cedric. Instead, they get broken up for ... what exactly?

10. nietsroob17

Because Baron Corbin has some sort of incriminating evidence against the McMahons?

In other news:

No real problem with this. Certainly did more than Drew Carey. Makes me wonder if Cyndi Lauper has somehow denied being inducted, because I figure she would be one of the first celebrities to go in, considering Rock n' Wrestling.

11. JimmyHoward33

Im generally a positive person but that was one of the worst Raws in many years. And 2 weeks before Mania?

How is the Roman-Edge-Bryan story being told so well and everything else on the card being told so poorly? How the hell is the same company booking both the universal and world title feuds yet one is epic and one is one of the worst builds ever

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Probably because Roman, Edge and Bryan all have enough "sway" with the office to avoid being fucked with. Not so much if you're the Hurt Business - respected guys in the locker room, but not really part of the WWE power structure. Also, have we mentioned in this thread yet that Johnny Ace was rehired by the WWE to run Talent Relations?

Draft saved Draft deleted