1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 NHL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Jul 13, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have done a lot of my sports bucket list. ... a Habs home game may be at the top of my list at this point for things I have never done that I really want to.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I’ve been to the current rink twice, both times on Saturday night. First time in the cheap(er) seats, second time in the lower bowl right behind the home net.

I really enjoyed myself sitting down low, but REALLY enjoyed myself sitting up high with the rabble rousers.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

A Bruins home game on St. Patrick's Day is on my list of things to do. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

That sounds wicked awful.

5. OscarMadison

The most fun I had at a home game was BOS visiting on SPD. The fans are great. There are people I met that night I still keep in touch with. One other thing: At the previous game, a bunch of homers assaulted me in plain sight on the photo perch and the ushers at Bridgestone did jack shit about it. So they were terrified of the people who came from Boston and one of the same guys who shrugged and said it wasn't his job to help me had the balls to ask me to ask them to calm down. Cry me a river. YOU go tell them to quit screaming that they love Tootoo. (I think there may have been some NA/FN people in the group near me.)

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Man I’d forgotten those nights where the only thing that would wake up the building was those damn wooden whistles going crazy while Tootoo was flinging his body at anything that moved on the way to his nightly minus-2 rating.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

If it's anything like a Sox game on Patriots Day, may God have mercy on your soul.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  8. OscarMadison

I'll take them over the catfish. (Or the rats or the octopus or the...)

Funny thing, there were people who told me the fights brought them to the bowl. There was a lot of fan cross-pollination between roller derby and hockey. Don't know if it's still the case

I'll opt for a gleeful pack of barbarians any day.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Some crazy Cup bets here, including parlays to win on the Original Six and Jaromir Jagr’s former teams

BetMGM

11. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

da man likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted