1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 MLB Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Tell the GM to get on it.

Fred siegle, Batman, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Wha wha whaaaaaa

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

This is what you would hear on the Great Voice of the Great Lakes when Ernie and Paul would hit the airwaves

maumann likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That sounds like the music from "Movietone News" or those other newsreels you'd see when I was a kid.

maumann likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In the 20th century, that style of music usually was associated with Paris changing ownership yet again.

Batman likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I had hoped to Dodge all this, but here we go.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It says a lot about the Tigers over the last few years when all they've been able to pick up are Edsels.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It probably was picked by WJR because it was the right length for Paul Carey to tell us Tiger baseball is brought to you by your Metro Detroit Ford dealers, Stroh’s, Vernor’s, Better Made potato chips, etc.

maumann likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Seems a good place for this to land.

[​IMG]

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I admired Posey sooooomuch I/we named our dog after him. However he recently came strongly out against the shift and I can’t disagree any more. Learn to adjust. Yeah sucks for you now but youngsters are learning now how to succeed against it. Did we outlaw the slider? Split? The rule is 9 defenders. Adjust.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A couple points, as one of the few White Sox fans remaining at SJ.com:

1. I've been alive just long enough to remember when Wrigley Field was a ghost town in the 1970s and early 1980s. Great neighborhood? Day baseball? Let's play two? They struggled to draw more than 20,000 to their games. Hiring Harry Carey at the same time many basic cable plans picked up WGN turned Wrigley Field into a tourist attraction (and the success of the 1984 team in the midst of all that certainly helped).

2. Rick Stain makes a good point about the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry being a bigger deal in "downstate" Illinois (anywhere outside the Chicago area). But when the White Sox won the World Series, I knew quite a few Cub fans around the country who held their nose and cheered for the Astros. It bothered the hell out of them that among two title-starved Chicago baseball teams, the White Sox won it all first.

Draft saved Draft deleted