1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 MLB Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Feb 17, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So what did Tatis do?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Apparently got pissed at an ump for a called third strike that led to the manager getting tossed.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pretty good pennant race with I'm ghinking about 10 teams playing for four spots. Wouldn't mind a one-game Yankees-Red Sox WC for old times sake (with my A's fading), I'll say the same for a Cardinals-Dodgers WC.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe Matt Carpenter can smack another double off Clayton Kershaw to turn the game.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

VIVE LE JEAN-JACQUES SMYTHE!

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If I'm MLB, I'm really hoping the Braves lock up the NL East so they don't have to complete the two games that were rained out. Both are vs. NL West foes. No common off days the rest of the way. Could be messy.
    But given the total suckitude of the rest of the division, it probably won't be necessary. Phillies haven't been able to do anything consistently. Rest of the division checked out a while ago.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Those games might mean something for the NL West teams regardless of what it means to Atlanta

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

One is against the Rockies which are long out of it and the other is the Padres to finish the second half of a double header. The Pads play the Braves again and they may resume that game in San Diego just to make things easier.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Phillies just got blanked by the Orioles, which should be grounds for relegation.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I got him
    Wait a minute

maumann likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tigers and White Sox game bumped up to afternoon because of forecasts of rain coming tonight and tomorrow. There might be 2,000 people at CoPa.

Draft saved Draft deleted