1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 MBB coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

UCLA extends Cronin

After Final Four run, Cronin signs through '26-27

The move extends Cronin's original six-year deal, set to expire in 2025, through the 2026-27 season. Cronin reportedly made $3.2 million and $3.3 million, respectively, in the first two years of a deal that was set to cap at $3.7 million in his final season.

New deal caps at $4 million.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Does Cincinnati attract these coaches like moths to a flame?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Up from $500k to to $725k and extended. The team won 14 straight to start the season (playing a weak schedule). He has since brought in three P5 starters from the portal plus another who was starting for South Alabama. The UofAlabama Board of Trustees also passed final approval for a new basketball practice facility with two courts, weight room, and more. Nice facility.

Now if only two or three members of the BoT will die or retire, I might be able to begin to trust them not to knife us as soon as we look the other way. They have been pretty good to us since football came back and started winning the division/league.

Liut likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

IDK. Huggy Bear and Cronin each coached there for a long time and got better jobs. UC worked out pretty well for them.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I legit did not know Stan Heath was still a thing, but he’s coming from the G League over to Eastern Michigan.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What is wrong with Longhorn basketball? When was the last time someone voluntarily left a big time program like UT to go to a mid-major like Marquette?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Better now than after he's fired.

Liut likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Marquette is not a mid-major.

Donny in his element and Liut like this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I certainly do know what it means. Marquette does not fit the profile of a mid-major. It has one of the highest basketball budgets in the country and it plays in a major conference.

Draft saved Draft deleted