1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 MBB coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Stoudamire is really good in the bag dropping department.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If they're willing to money-whip Josh Pastner, then he's much more likely to listen ... or at least his agent will.

But let's see if Arizona learns. Why did Georgia Tech get an NCAA tournament ban? Two boosters provided what the NCAA deems to be impermissible benefits to the program.

Why, in part, did Arizona dump Sean Miller? Impermissible benefits to Deandre Ayton.

Might be smart if Tucson doesn't repeat what got it in trouble in the first place. But they wouldn't be the first to ignore this.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m surprised Miller didn’t receive a lifetime contract.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Man - Shaka is responsible for four jobs opening. Texas, TTech, UTEP and Portland State.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Also UT-Arlington -- its head coach went to join the Texas staff as well

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Talk about your job creators.
    I know many or most coaches sacrificed pay or bonuses due to the COVID crunch on athletic departments, anyone know of a story that put a total figure on the number or how many people lost jobs in departments across the country? I know the local U had several layoffs and many people ended up moving to other schools due to the financial crunch. It would be interesting to get a total picture of the impact it had on college sports in general.
    And how much would it suck to be one of those coaches who donated back bonus or salary figuring it would buy you some goodwill and still lost your gig after this season?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I feel for him.

wicked, 2muchcoffeeman and Mngwa like this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well played.

Patchen likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted