1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I believe that's his claim, but, wrestling federations are famously shitty about this kind of thing.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

But why would Hardy keep with that story after he left TNA if it wasn't true? He's repeated it a bunch over the years. And if he hadn't come up with it, why would he have taken it to AEW? His whole legal claim to the character was based on the idea he developed it and not TNA's writers. This definitely wasn't something he was "saddled" with. It was how he got himself back into the picture in TNA. In the current climate where they use a lot more pre-taped, theatrical matches and promos, it could've worked a lot better in WWE.

3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Is this this guy still around?

[​IMG]

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Without spoiling it for whoever might be watching one show over the other right now, but not surprised about that AEW debut. And he looks JACKED.

5. nietsroob17

If AEW had to debut another former WWE wrestler, that was NOT the one I was expecting, and sure as hell not the one I was hoping for.

Maybe next, they'll bring in Alicia Fox and Melina to recreate their "best match ever."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Batman likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Of all the great Stone Cold moments, that whole scene was one of my all-time favorites. The story of him shitting his pants while wrestling Yokozuna is great. But his reaction to hearing Cameron's answer to that question is an all-timer. Every time I hear a stupid answer like that, this is one of the clips that plays in my head.

7. nietsroob17

It's funny because Alicia Fox's actual sister was also in the cast that season.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

its jarring how much bigger he is than the rest of the guys on that show. Same goes for billy gunn. Colt cabana too that guy is deceptively huge

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

MJF promo was pretty good. He may need to beat Moxley.

10. nietsroob17

Well, that was a twist to end Smackdown.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it was a good one. Kicks Braun/Fiend into high gear.

nietsroob17 and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  12. nietsroob17

Between splitting with Nikki and this, I wonder if they're going to tweak Alexa's character with this. Maybe give her a little bit of the Fiend touch.

And speaking about the women's division, I wonder when they're going to start planting seeds for the inevitable Sasha/Bayley split. I thought they might have Bayley screw Sasha on Monday against Asuka, or Nikki might pull the upset over Bayley on Friday.

With Becky and Charlotte both sidelined, they must be that much afraid of giving the belt to one of the next tier of women. Even this thing with Shayna -- what's that building to? Her as the face against Sasha?

Draft saved Draft deleted