1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Work or shoot?

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  3. JimmyHoward33

Several stupid things 1) Forgotten sons suck 2) they were never over in nxt 3) being trumpy lunatics wasnt even part of the gimmick in nxt

but I wouldnt be surprised if Carano’s on the horn with his independent contractors today saying tone down calling fellow independent contractors pathetic and shitty either

4. nietsroob17

Great segment from FS1 last night with Punk and Bryan.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

So, was Drake Maverick's release a ruse from the start, or did they pull a 180 after seeing the groundswell or support he had?

I love Drake's character, but it would be a bit shitty if the whole thing was a storyline while all the others got kicked to the curb.

6. JimmyHoward33

Renee Young on Breezango:
    “Somebody call Tom Prichard, we’re about to see some Heavenly Bodies.”

Our queen

7. JimmyHoward33

i wonder if these were contractual tricks. Like when an NFL team cuts a veteran after preseason, his locker stays, and he returns 2 weeks later for CBA/cap nonsense.

We’ve seen a buncha people return. Kurt Angle. Gulak. Now Drake. Maybe just on terms more favorable to wwe

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This is one helluva thread:

JimmyHoward33 and JRoyal like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’m thinking it’s probably a combination of both. They released him, then saw how much support he had, so they turned it into a storyline.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

Does anyone understand Fyter Fest?

2 wednesdays and the graphic says 10 pm? Is it like 4 hours of aew those nights or was dynamite getting bumped back for a Closer reunuin or something?

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

That's my guess, too. I think there's a fair chance some of those who were released and haven't signed elsewhere will get a chance to return when they go back to live shows and have more revenue coming in.

12. nietsroob17

Pretty heavy clip from Backstage. Punk choking up when the first time he saw a tattoo was his grandfather's concentration camp number.

Too bad the show gets saddled with a pretty shitty timeslot. Without being under the full control of WWE, they're allowed to voice their opinions, like Punk outwardly criticizing Trump, or the group bashing the Jeff Hardy/car crash storyline.

Draft saved Draft deleted