1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Buff on damage control:

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, I made it through 3 minutes. I don't feel like wasting another 8:41 of my life watching that.

2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Speaking of colt cabana, how big is that guy? He seems to loom over guys in aew. Its like the randy orton test on quaaludes

4. nietsroob17

Smackdown is in fine form so far. We've already had poop jokes, and they explained Raw's AJ Styles competing for the IC title by saying he was traded to SD for superstars to be named later (via a horribly obvious dub job by Cole, since this was pre-taped).

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who the hell are the GMs making the trade? And I thought there was some sort of “talent exchange” thing similar to the wild card?

They’re not even trying.

6. nietsroob17

I think they "explained" in the past that it was the "networks" making the deals.

7. nietsroob17

WTF? Charlotte goes back in the ring, the ref has the count at 9 on Bayley outside the ring, six feet from the ring ... and they go to commercial?

And 2 minutes later, after Bayley magically beat the count, they're fighting again.

8. nietsroob17

Geez. Was the audio technician one of the guys they fired? These dubs by Cole are horrible.

9. nietsroob17

Is it bad that I'd rather have AEW maiming its wrestlers over WWE, just because AEW's presentation is so much better right now?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Cornette ripped Nyla on his podcast a couple of weeks ago on this issue. Even so, this week’s botchamania felt more like bad setup.

11. JimmyHoward33

kinda. Lol. I mean it was AJ Styles vs Nakamura. Imagine a world in which we were told in like 2011 or 2012 that in 2020 that match would be on network TV. In an empty arena. Life comes at ya fast

Baron Scicluna and nietsroob17 like this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

Trade’s gotta be sending Wyatt to Raw if Strowmans already on to a random terrible Miz Morrisson filler match

Draft saved Draft deleted