1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Jericho just released a new podcast with the former Revival. Haven't listened to it yet, but this should be a good one.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

3. nietsroob17

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Anyone feel they were watching WCW while watching the last match AEW? That was brutal.

6. nietsroob17

I thought that was fun. Helped certainly by taking advantage of it all being the Khan's land, so they had free reign. And I enjoyed Tony, JR and Excalibur being able to just go free on the mic without somebody like Vince screaming in their ear.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This AEW brawl at the Jags stadium was nuts.

I don’t know what was better, the action or JR and Schiavone’s commentary. JR even took a shot at the E calling hospitals as medical centers.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Sammy took an absolute sick bump with the cart.

All that brawl missed was a Dippin Dots cart. I think that had become a running gag of sorts for AEW.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

NXT was disappointing tonight. Built up as a takeover level show with 3 main event type matches and the 2 titles matcnes were schmozzy and lame. Bad news.

looking forward to checking out this aew brawl tomorrow. If Hardy and Jericho are involved its probably hilarious

10. nietsroob17

NXT and WWE is going to be helped exponentially when they allow fans back in, even partially and socially distanced.

That's what's helped AEW the last few weeks, having the wrestlers at ringside acting as fans. It gives the shows some background noise.

And as has been made known, they just look like they're having more fun with the AEW broadcasts. The commentators are just shooting the shit and calling the moments as they're happening.

NXT may have had the better pure wrestling lately (last night not withstanding), but AEW has been putting out a better overall product.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

NXT’s problem right now is that it has nothing to build to. They’re not going to do empty arena takeovers. So when you have a title match on TV its gotta deliver. None of the stories that were going on when the pandemic started are moving forward. Its stale.

The new stories — Gargano and Candice’s turn, Balor’s attack, Ciampa and Kross — are great. But Cole and Flair were the focus last night and for me didnt deliver

12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted