1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or he hires James Storm for one episode of Smackdown, just to utter his catchphrase and then be powerslammed 25 times in a row by Braun.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is the Repo Man still alive? Have him show up at Gronk's house accompanied by Oliver Luck to claim the title once and for all.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

JimmyHoward33 and Batman like this.
  7. nietsroob17

Starting to wonder if the whole thing with Drake Maverick is being turned into a work, or a worked shoot. They're seeing all the support around him, and the fact that he was featured on the Bump, their social media show.

Would they really have him win the cruiser belt to save his job? I think he can make it through his pool of the tournament, pulling an upset over Tony Nese -- or even Nese taking the dive for Drake with their long history with 205 Live. But I can't see him getting past El Hijo del Fantasma, the hot-shot Lucha they just introduced at NXT, in the finals.

8. nietsroob17

If there's any justice, this will lead to an angle where Carmella impersonates the other women, like Charlie Haas and Big Show used to do with the guys.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

Fun slap fight between Meltzer and Ryan Satin about some unsigned jobber kicking out of the V Trigger.

i dont really know how often anyone kicks out of Omegas various moves but I have to say if Kenny came to WWE and Bo Dallas kicked out of a finish the internet would have a stroke

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is the V Trigger even a finishing move for him? I thought it's being used more as a high-impact/set up move these days?

11. JimmyHoward33

i honestly have no idea. As someone who’s seen none of his Japan stuff and knows him on rep only, i find him one of the least compelling big names on aew. Snoozer.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I saw him beat someone (can’t recall who) on TV with it a couple of weeks ago. But yeah, it’s more of a set-up move that he sometimes hits multiple times in big matches.

Draft saved Draft deleted