1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Miz allegedly showed up sick at the WM taping.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That ladder match was a lot of fun. I liked the ending.

Becky-Shayna was pretty good, but the finish was anti-climatic. Why doesn’t Shayna just release the hold.

IC match was fine. Sami was fun as the whiny heel.

3. nietsroob17

Now THAT'S a stunt we'd never see at a typical Mania with the sign 100 feet in the air. Great bump by KO.

4. nietsroob17

Nikki Cross is what the world needs.

Batman likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

This AJ/Taker thing has actually been pretty freakin' sweet. The return of biker Taker is long overdue, as much as he's broken character in interviews recently.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought that'd be pretty bad. A lot of those pre-taped matches are. But that was fun. It was like the last big fight scene of an action movie.

7. nietsroob17

As bad as that Orton/Wyatt thing was a couple years ago, this was that brilliant. Much better than the Hardy/Wyatt and New Day/Wyatt film pieces.

Cena/Wyatt tomorrow (also off site) is going to have A LOT to live up to.

Batman likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

OK, given the circumstances, I was quite entertained. KO/Seth had a satisfying ending and Biker Taker/A.J. was one of those so cheesy bad, it’s good moments. I would have liked to have seen Kane or Aleister help Taker out, though.

9. nietsroob17

Black has his own deal with Lashley tomorrow, but I agree with Kane, or maybe a hologram of Paul Bearer.

Obviously, though, Glenn Jacobs I'm sure couldn't justify taking time to do it with the world in crisis.

10. nietsroob17

11. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, good point on Mayor Kane.

12. nietsroob17

Watching the Boneyard Match makes me think about how far we've come from that Piper/Goldust Backlot Brawl, with the spliced in OJ chase footage.

Looking toward what we have left:
    - Brock/Drew
    - Charlotte/Ripley
    - 5-way for SD women
    - Edge/Orton
    - Profits/Garza & Theory
    - Black/Lashley
    - Cena/Wyatt
    - Otis/Ziggler
    - Liv/Natalya on the preshow

I can't really see how Day 2 can come close to matching Day 1. Edge/Orton should be great, and Charlotte/Ripley could be good if they let Rhea shine, but a lot of it seems either paint by numbers or total filler.

All else I want is Otis to win and get the Dirty Dancing/Time of Your Life moment with Mandy.

Draft saved Draft deleted