1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And if you go more than a decade back (wow, time flies and we’re all old), Randy has that memorable scene where he handcuffed Trips, gave Steph the ropes DDT, and kissed her while she was unconscious and Trips couldn’t help her. Fantastic scene.

That might not fly in today’s world.

2. Baron Scicluna

It’s 2020, and Jake Roberts just cut a helluva promo on my TV.

As I’ve said earlier, what a time to be alive.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Part of me would love to see them cobble together a three-way tag between Cody/Arn, Spears/Tully and Jake with whoever he's bringing in (potentially Brodie Lee, aka Luke Harper).

4. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, but who knows if Arn or Jake could do anything. I read somewhere that Arn still has issues every time he does a spine buster. And the last time I saw Jake do anything, as I recall, he only did the short-arm clothesline.

Having a three-way with the three old guys as managers would be fun, though.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

6. nietsroob17

It's been a boon that WWE has been able to get access to the old TNA (pre-Impact) stuff.

Another upcoming piece that's going to be big: Stone Cold Sessions with Bret Hart. They're good friends, but I wonder how this one's going to go. Taker, Kane, Goldberg and Big Show all seem like easy guys to shoot the shit with, but Bret has seemed to be a little icier and bitter (with due reason).

7. nietsroob17

Bryan vs. Gulak on Sunday?

You like sports entertainment, it might not be for you.

You like professional wrestling, it's a dream come true.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its rather interesting that Roman and McIntyre aren’t crammed into Sundays ppv in hodge podge tag matches with stand-in avatars for Lesnar/Goldberg.

i think its a good thing? Leaner show less wasted time? But its def weird as far as pushing top guys. Whats the main event of this ppv?

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Just caught this on Twitter: Apparently Scott Steiner had a serious health scare in the Impact locker room tonight:

10. nietsroob17

If this had to happen, fortunate thing is that he wasn't far from home. Impact was at the Roxy, next door to the Braves' new ballpark. Scott lives about 15 miles up in Woodstock, a few miles from his Shoney's in Acworth.

11. nietsroob17

Just watched the FCW documentary. Well done, and seeing all the old promos during the formative years were great.

12. nietsroob17

So they're going with the chamber tag match early. Figured it would be the main.

I don't see AJ and Black as the main, so my guess is the women's chamber match. Do they bring in Ronda somehow? Unless she really wants to go off the grid, I've got to believe she would be back for Mania.

Draft saved Draft deleted