1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Hell, Britt Baker has been on NXT TV just about as much lately as Marina Shafir has.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

Got my doubts Naomi will be bringing the glow and the big 'fro with her to Saudi.

3. nietsroob17

Man, Bray and Goldberg is going to be all kinds of stink in Saudi. Either Bill is going to limp through a half-ass match, or they're going to put him over and ruin the Fiend.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Hell Goldberg is so over it just makes me sad Steve Austin’s neck is so bad.

i think Bray should crush him. I’ve never been a fan. But I can’t argue with the crowd reaction they love the big bald SOB

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I know it’s Saudi, and there wasn’t much time to build the match, but that feud needed a couple more weeks of build. We’ve gone from Finn and Seth being scared of Fiend, to Bryan being cautiously optimistic, to Goldberg literally not being afraid at all. The segment last night should have been the first of a couple of pre-match confrontations, not the only ones They needed a few weeks of Bray getting over on Goldberg to put some doubt, and then maybe have Goldberg stand tall in the final pre-match confrontation.

The current feud only works if Bray goes over due to Goldberg being overconfident.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  6. JimmyHoward33

I guess the argument FOR would be if you’re cemented into giving Roman the title at Mania, you dont want Roman to get nuclear heat that night, and you think the smarks will root for Roman because all that heat will be on Goldberg.

and the Fiend just shakes it off and juggernauts on without a title. In this scenario you’d need a legend or baby face for Bray to eat alive at Mania. John Cena?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Undertaker?
    It'd depend how far they want to push the Fiend angle. A squash of Undertaker would either take Bray to another level or go completely the other direction and turn people off.

8. Baron Scicluna

Storyline-wise, I think someone like Taker would be ideal for breaking the Fiend’s spell and finally showing he’s beatable because of the supernatural aspect. Because otherwise, the E has dug such a huge hole for itself after the Cell match.

9. JimmyHoward33

Saw “McMahon” trending on Twitter and figured something happened on Raw but turns out there’s a Louisville guard named McMahon on TV tonight.

god damn pal

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

Oh, damn. They're going to have Randy RKO Beth Phoenix next week, aren't they? That's going to be a wicked heel move.

11. Baron Scicluna

If they really wanted to shock the hell out of everyone, he should make a surprise appearance and do it Wednesday on NXT.

12. nietsroob17

Geez. Dude can't stay healthy (even reportedly getting injured during a WWE-produced commercial shoot), and now this.

Draft saved Draft deleted