1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Dammit, the NXT women are so f'n good.

Remember when they still had Eva Marie down there wasting a roster spot?

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Some strong, quality sports-entertaining going on in Portland this evening.

rb

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It still baffles me that NXT puts together PPVs where every match is incredible, and when it’s Raw and Smackdown, you’re lucky if half the matches are good.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Time for good matches, not feeling like you need to pay off a contrived storyline...

rb

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

never good when the crowd chants “who are you who are you”

is she dead? They botched a table spot bad on nxt tv too. That looked really really bad

6. nietsroob17

And here comes the Gargano/Ciampa grudge match during Mania weekend that we wanted so badly last year.

So who goes after Cole now? Dream? Finn?

What's the guess for Charlotte/Ripley? Is Rhea going to get the rocket to the moon by beating Charlotte at Mania?

What kind of presence do the women have at Takeover? Nox vs. Racquel Gonzalez after tonight? Nox vs. Kai in a cage. As strong as Bianca Belair has looked, what does she do?

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Gotta think Candace and/or Chelsea Green are on Takeover with the TV time they get.

They could also do the womens tag title match on Takeover if NXT’s womens title isnt on. Or they could make Ria defend in a 4way or something, tell the story of her being worn out for Sunday (like Cole was Survivor Series weekend)

Cole/Balor is the best match but they’re both heels. If Dream takes down Strong on a Wednesday night it could be him but that match should be on a Takeover.

Maybe Cole gets a main roster drop down and Balor goes after say Keith Lee?

Gargano and Balor are my two favorite wrestlers but I thought Keith Lee/DD was the match of the night by a lot

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Cole-Ciampa-Gargano-Balor Fatal Fourway at Takeover Tampa.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking we might see, too. Ciampa and Gargano would put on a great match just the two of them, but the feud doesn't have the heat now that it had before the injury. But if you put all four of these guys in a ring together, it could be insane.

But if they go that route, I'm not sure what they do with Velveteen Dream. Face vs. Face with him and Keith Lee maybe, or I could see a Lee-Dream-Strong ladder match. Or maybe Lee-Dream-Dijakovik, but again there there's no real heel unless they have Dream or DD do it.

Do the BroserWeights break up now and face each other?

10. nietsroob17

Kinda awkward for the Raw announcers to be using their serious voices for Matt Hardy after what happened to Ryan Newman at Daytona minutes earlier.

11. nietsroob17

If Montez Ford and Bianca Belair ever have a baby, that's going to be a ridiculously athletic kid.

That frog splash was a thing of beauty. And I love Montez's rope shaking bit.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I doubt they even knew, to be honest. The segment was already on live as Newman's situation was unfolding.

Draft saved Draft deleted