1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I remember these days.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Who do we want to see Cena put over at Mania?

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Roman Reigns Wants To Face The Rock At WWE WrestleMania 37

Apparently Roman Reigns says he wants the Rock at Wrestlemania 37 in L.A. If there's any former star that could be ready for a match with little time to get back in ring shape, it's the Rock, so he wouldn't need a huge break in his movie schedule to do it. And honestly, with all the other stuff they've done with Reigns at 'Mania, this is something I wouldn't mind seeing. But would he go as hard at his cousin in a promo as he does others? Because that would be half the fun of having him back.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He looks kind of... Ernest / Jim Varney in that photo.

5. nietsroob17

Britt Baker has really come on strong as a heel in AEW. Bless her for actually getting the fans in Texas to start a "Whataburger" chant last night.

If she knows what's good for her, she'll bash The Varsity when they're in Atlanta next week.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just got caught up, and man that was a good segment. I like how they're building Orton-Edge. I think it would be so good if they turned this into Orton dismantling of the TLC pioneers bit by bit. They could even mix Jeff in since they probably can add time to his contract because of his injury. Hell, bring him back before he's fully ready if he can make it through a light contact segment. Each week Orton leaves one of them in the ring after using chairs on them. Then Edge returns as he's about to do the same to D-Von or Christian and instead Edge beats Orton down and puts him through a table. Finish it with Edge-Orton TLC at Wrestlemania. This could be epic.

7. nietsroob17

I mean, they couldn't at least try to shoot the Mandy/Otis date in a real restaurant, and not just some banquet room of the Vancouver arena? I can't say I've been up there, but I don't believe many fine-dining establishments up there have oversized pictures of the Canucks on the wall.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Bray Wyatt’s impression of nwo Hollywood is the best thing I’ve seen in wrestling in months.

Awesome to see a womens title match at the Saudi Show. Carmella and Bayley tore it up in their match Friday night, hope they get the stage over there and do the same.

9. nietsroob17

That Edge is a lucky man.

10. nietsroob17

Tegan Box and Dakota Kai is like the female equivalent of Sami and Owens. This is a great brawl.

JRoyal likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

But they had to spoil it by the interference.

Sickening table bump from Nox, though.

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I'm still basking in glory from the curtain-jerker.

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted