1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Meanwhile ...

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

You knew the teams with the Dark Order guys/gals were winning every match, but it was still an amazing show. Every match overflowed with emotion.

Loved the run-in from Erick (even if it was just a one-off pop in memory of Brodie), and MJF taking the shot from Brodie Jr. And all the tributes, down to the very end with Cody, Tony Khan and the family leaving Brodie's boots in the ring.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It occurs to me that I was wrong about the first dark order run with Brodie. I took the Vince spoof stuff as bitterness, smarky, lame inside baseball stuff. As we’ve learned more about this Brodie’s love for the business and respect in it, I think now it was more having fun and taking off on the quirks like we hear from Prichard and others.

4. nietsroob17

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, that sucked. I mean, it was awesome but it sucked it had to be done.

6. Baron Scicluna

I’ll rip this off from somewhere else on the internets. That was one of the best wrestling shows I’ve ever seen, and I hope I never have to see one of them again.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What else would you expect from the best heel working today?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

Kudos for WWE, and respect if the delay was only to let AEW have their day first.

JRoyal and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  10. nietsroob17

Today in beautiful stories from wrestling, Dwayne Johnson is reunited with the former Harvey Wippleman and gives him a little surprise.

2muchcoffeeman, mpcincal and Batman like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Awesome moment for Downtown Bruno.

Also, I get a chuckle over how Rock pronounces the word “crackhead.” It sounds like he’s all set to cut a promo.

12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted