1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Holy fuckin' shit. This is crushing. His career was on such an upward swing since coming to AEW.

An Instagram from his wife said it was a non-COVID lung issue. And he was such a doting dad to his little boy, even letting him take the AEW TNT title to school.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn, he was so talented and, from my understanding, was very well-liked by his peers. RIP.

3. nietsroob17

As the dad of a young son, these are the kinds of pictures that are the most heartbreaking.

Looking at the WWE and AEW Twitter feeds, I don't think I can remember a recent passing that struck so many chords across the industry. But then again, there hasn't been a wrestling death of someone in his prime/peak like this since probably Eddie or Benoit and pre-Twitter days.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So damn sad. All the tributes are gut wrenching. A guy that wouldve made a hell of a documentary when he finally got his main event run. And an ever better man outside the ring. RIP.

5. nietsroob17

This was a good little YouTube doc they put together during the Bludgeon Brothers era.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

7. Baron Scicluna

The “my Terry Gordy” got to me. Such as apt description.

8. Baron Scicluna

By the way. It’s Sunday. You know what that means.

Huggy likes this.
  9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I marked out huge for Brodie Lee (I don't watch WWE so had little knowledge of his character there), the squash of Cody that won him the TNT title and the epic dog collar match that saw Cody get the title back (that was his last match, that I saw anyway) were great. A terrific talent taken way too soon. RIP

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

Interesting nugget from St. Louis Cardinals beat writer Derrick Goold:

And from the former Rowan:

11. Baron Scicluna

Beyond the Elite did a video talking about the clips Brodie did with the Dark Order with some great outtakes. Funny as hell, with language NSFW. The clips of him beating the others with his paper rolls cracked me up.

BTE says goodbye to Mr. Brodie Lee

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m here to lower Cageside Seats’ clicks.

Draft saved Draft deleted