1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At one point, they gave Flair 17, which was weird. They've never stuck on a number.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i feel like Cena never wanted to tie or pass him for reverence, altho wiki says he’s tied. Randys got a few more years in him but I bet they’ll preserve it. Now we’re in an era of longer title reigns so I doubt Roman will be around long enough to get close. Maybe Rollins, altho hes only got 4. Feels like more.

except Charlotte, of course. She’ll get there. Whether or not they count her NXT reigns is interesting bc it would push Rollins to 5, push Balor to 3-4 etc.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I didn't think I could love Alexa Bliss' character any more than I already did, yet here we are ... she's crushing it.

Love the callback to Orton burning down the Wyatt compound years ago.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And only two of those were actually in WWE, so the 16/17 is including his NWA and WCW reigns. Do they count it that way for other guys?

5. Baron Scicluna

I think they pretty much count WWE (the lineage going back to Buddy Rogers in ‘63), WWE World/Universal (the one started by giving it to Trips in the early 2000s), NWA, WCW and AWA as world championships.

Hogan is considered a 12-time champ, 6 each in WWE and WCW.

Flair was considered a 16-time champ until a brief recent time when they were claiming he was a 17-time champ. I think they didn’t count the first simultaneous WCW (the one that he brought to WWF in ‘91) and NWA titles as two titles.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

A triple threat match for the Tough Enough World Championship between Miz, Maven and Morrison -- BOOK IT.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Baron Scicluna

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bischoff at AEW? Ugh.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He’s been part of this angle off and on as a special guest star.

11. nietsroob17

Lorcan, Burch, Dunne and McAfee vs. UE? That's going to be gooooooood.

12. nietsroob17

The YET-AY!!! And love Killian Dain's little tribute to Davey Boy with the Shockmaster bit.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted