1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Well, shit ... Taker/Mankind it wasn't, but those 50 or so minutes oozed emotion.

2. nietsroob17

And the touch with Afa and Sika coming out ... is this going lead to a fracture of the Samoan family -- the Anoa'is and Fatus? And could the Rock be involved, too, being grandson of the High Chief?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bayley-Sasha was a slugfest. Enjoyed the ending.

Would like to fast forward to the end with Drew and Orton.

4. Baron Scicluna

OK, I was wrong. Orton/Drew was pretty good. I kept looking to see if Miz would come out, but oh well.

5. nietsroob17

I was wondering if Miz would run out after Drew went off the cell and swooped in for the pin before Randy got down.

Especially since Randy was the one Miz beat with his first briefcase.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Christ if Roman can emote like that on call, Kaz is right, he’s gonna be the biggest star in Hollywood inside 5 years. He aint long for this rasslin game.

7. JimmyHoward33

Sasha/Bayley has to be the best hardcore women’s match ever. Maybe the best womens match ever on the main roster. Hard to touch Brooklyn.

Just odd that Randy wins the third time after dropping the first two. Drew’s still ahead 2-1 so we gotta do this again? Odd that they mentioned Randy tied HHH for 2nd most titles with no mention of Cena.

The ref in the Roman Uso cell cracked me up, he sounded like a cop/CIA opp in the interrogation room, “just say it this can all be over.”

8. nietsroob17

Unless they set it up later, looks like they're not combining NXT with the other brands at Survivor Series. They promoted Lashley and Zayn in U.S. vs. Intercontinental, but no inclusion of the North American.

And what's the point of Mia Yim being in Retribution if she's always just on the outside? Is she going to eventually but in on Asuka?

9. nietsroob17

Ahh ... WWE using the evil pronunciation of Ali's name now. Don't want to get those Lion King's dad comparisons anymore.

10. JimmyHoward33

caught that last week in his promo....i guess its muss-tuff-ahh and not moo-stafff-ah. Pal.

11. Baron Scicluna

They’ve done that a couple of times in the last couple of days. They mentioned how Otis was only the second time that the MITB briefcase was up for grabs and that the first time was 13 years ago. But they didn’t mention that the other guy was ....Mrrrrrrrr. Kennedy! (Kennedy!) which I found kinda amusing.

They also mentioned the length of Bayley’s reign and how only one woman in history had a longer title reign, but they didn’t mention ... Moolah.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

i didnt bother looking it up but I thought Cena needed one to tie Flair which would make Randy and HHH tied for third? Not that it matters since depending who you ask Flair has 17 18 or 15 so they settled on 16

Draft saved Draft deleted