1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So is the hammerlock DDT onto exposed concrete Mexico's official national finishing move?

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Treat him right and don't "Vincefy" him and Garza has the "it" to be the next Eddie Guerrero. The guy oozes machismo and had some excellent matches in NXT.

3. nietsroob17

Wow. They're actually giving Ricochet a 1-on-1 world championship match.

Too bad he'll probably lose in about 20 seconds flat.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't see him winning the title at the throwaway Saudi PPV, even if the intention is to give it right back to Brock at the Elimination Chamber. I also can't see them completely screwing up what should be an epic money-making Wrestlemania main event with Brock and McIntyre, which would get blown to smithereens with a Ricochet title win.
    Good on Ricochet for getting a main event championship match, but I have as much chance of winning the title as he does. Hopefully he at least gets in some Finn Balor-like offense before Brock puts him down in 8 or 10 minutes.
    Remember, Ricochet: Ring posts are Brock Lesnar's natural enemy!

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

Trying to figure out what they're doing with Becky. She's acting like the cocky, overconfident heel, with the sunglasses inside and everything.

Problem is, the cupboard is so bare among the main roster women, I don't see any good babyfaces that would give Becky her comeuppance.

They could still be bringing Ronda back for revenge, but after the fans went sour toward her at the end of her first run, I don't think I could buy her being the face next to Becky.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I thought for sure the crown prince wanted Lashley vs Lesnar so that Richochet win was a nice pleasant surprise. If Brocks in a good mood he’ll make Richochet look like a million bucks like the Balor and Styles matches.

7. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

ICYMI, Orton's opening segment last night was a MASTER CLASS in heeldom. Perfection.

rb

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to get political, but I would love it if the Dems were to start chanting, “What?” every time Trump pauses.

9. nietsroob17

"BOOOORING! BOOOORING!"

Maybe the GOPs do a "Yes!" Chant?

10. Baron Scicluna

When they do that, the Dems can counter with a “CM Punk!” chant.

Batman likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If he mentions impeachment, the Dems can pipe up with, "You fucked up! You fucked up!"

12. Baron Scicluna

Pelosi whacks Trump from behind with the water glasses, as Dems chant, “Holy shit! Holy shit!”

mpcincal and Batman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted