1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Takeovers never disappoint. That Bálor/O’Reilly match was really fun.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

what a great mat wrestling match. So psychological. So physical. Excellent excellent excellent.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And the addition of Toni Storm and Ember Moon to the women's roster will definitely improve things.

Makes me think they have sights on moving Rhea Ripley. Was looking like they were setting her up to shoot her to the moon, but things have been kinda meh since she lost the belt to Charlotte at Mania.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

Great video. Even includes my guilty pleasure favorite -- his original WCW theme.

Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

Minor celebrity joins board.

board seats being ceremonial and all that who knows what the influence is, but it cant hurt so far as getting them closer to the curve on social media and going after a younger demo. No one has 18-49 like Barstool. Not even AEW

6. Baron Scicluna

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Well, that sucks about GLOW. Makes you wish they made this decision last year so they could wrap up thing properly, but, hey, who saw COVID coming a year and a half ago.
    Like the article said, it would have been interesting to see Debbie's tranformation into producer/bigwig, although I was a lot less keen on Ruth and Sam hooking up.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, Ruth and Sam seemed kinda like they were taking the easy way out.

The episode where they all switched their characters around cracked me up.

mpcincal likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

That's funny they piped in boos at the end. Like Nia and Shayna aren't automatically the greatest faces in the roster for continuously dropping Lana through the table.

10. JimmyHoward33

Mustafa huh ?

11. nietsroob17

Noticed they didn't have the Retribution ladies out there ... just the masked extras. Wonder if Mia or Mercedes got caught up with this supposed NXT COVID outbreak.

12. JimmyHoward33

I gotta say I think Drew vs Randy again is bad.

Can Randy really take a third straight failure to win the title? Which is really like 9-10 straight after he put over Kofi several times last summer and Jinder Mahal 3-4 times in that mess. I know he’s Randy Orton and he’s been fire since Wrestlamania but we’re beyond diminishing returns now; nothing left for Drew to gain and clearly they’re not switching the title

Draft saved Draft deleted