1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

DOMINIC T-BARKOVIC just got his blue check, so that Twitter is sadly legit. That, and the fact that Mia Yim is now RECKONING.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

makes me feel better about the angle to be honest. If its silly lean into it. Break the 4th wall.

3. JimmyHoward33

Feels like a crap ton of heels are going over tonight

4. nietsroob17

Honestly surprised that he took a public position. Figured he would've kept straight down the center so not to alienate either side of his fanbase.

5. nietsroob17

Apparently, Nikki Cross, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler have all been yanked from tonight's show.

And your NEEEEWWW WWE Women's Tag Team champions: Corona Virus!

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That ladder match. At least five different holy shit! moments.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

Is Sami really going to be the only (sorta) title change tonight (24/7 yuks aside)?

Got a hunch that the Riott Squad would've won the tag belts had the other gals not gotten the virus.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Broken Skull Sessions interview with Kurt Angle seemed to go on forever, but it was excellent. I don't know if he'd been that open about in other places, but the part where Angle was talking about his addiction to painkillers and spiraling out of control during the latter part of his first WWE run was pretty riveting.

9. JimmyHoward33

I respect em for trying to put on a show but jeez Uso got way too much offense in in the main event. That shooda been a Lesnar/Cena Summerslam level brutal 10 minute squash.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, I saw what they were going there with the underdog angle, which has been done so many times before. I liked the ending, though. My only think is that they should have said something about the lei when Uso made his entrance so it would have more of a meaning when Roman took it from him.

12. JimmyHoward33

yeah the ending was great. I think they could’ve gotten there 15 minutes faster without a live crowd to give a false comeback to cheer for. I was watching late and was ready for bed tho.

also T-Bar just continues to body people

Draft saved Draft deleted