1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The ring has been taking quite a beating the past few weeks. Chainsawed by Retribution, cut up by Strowman, and now this.

Also, it's strange to know that The Fiend has all of these supernatural powers but can still be felled by one swift kick to the family jewels.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It was a nice run Retribution had. For all the carnage they caused earlier on, they've been MIA from two PPVs and SmackDown. All they've done is a run-in on the Mysterios on Raw.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Who the hell has Orton pissed off to take two losses like this the last two weeks? A backslide and then a clean loss to a rookie in his first PPV. Surprising to see.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That may be part of the build. He beats up legends, takes a couple of losses which piss him off further, and he goes even more nuts.

Batman likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, 13 curb stomps, a pedigree and a sledgehammer to the head and he’s fine. But the Greco-Roman Kick to the Balls works like a charm. If only Rollins had done that.

Batman likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Right as they were doing it, I was like, “it’s going to collapse again” and rolled my eyes.

It was awesome the first time, cool the second time because they waited like 10 years. Now it’s getting overused.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

To be fair to the fiend he wasnt pinned he was just selling the nut shot. If roman tried to pin him he would’ve kicked out just like the 100 curb stomps.

the ring collapse worked for me because they actually wrestled in the wrecked ring. After the superplex it was “ugh this again” but when Reigns came out and they worked in it I thought was different and a little cool.

Orton’s direction is really something. He was the best male act in the company for 4 months, seemed destined to build to a title match next Mania with Edge, and instead he’s in ‘making new stars mode’

i dont think any of us wanted to see Keith Lee lose but with it being Orton’s best work in 10 years they gotta pull the nose up on him somehow

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As Mankind once pointed out, the McMahon-Helmsley Era kinda sucks.

9. nietsroob17

This no-holds-barred triple-threat main event would've been much better than what we got last night.

Batman likes this.
  10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

CAT FIGHT!!!

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I thought we’d see a double count out or something with Orton and Lee. I couldn’t imagine they’d have him lose, but with where they’ve been pushing Orton, I wasn’t thinking they’d have him take the loss either. I mean, he’s at peak killer-instinct Viper Orton right now and he’s losing matches clean. Where do they take him from here? Have him put someone’s eye out? Oh wait ...

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted