1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Presidential Poll No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 2, 2020.

?

Who will get your vote for president?

1. Donald Trump

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. Joe Biden

70 vote(s)
    86.4%
  3. Third-party candidate

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Won't vote

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Which candidate will get your vote? Not who do you think will win, who will get your vote? If you want to comment why, fine, but this doesn't need to turn into another politics thread. We'll do a few of these between now and November unless they get out of hand.

2. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is the least qualified person to ever hold public office. He's lazy and is only concerned about his own self-importance. I've always thought every person has some redeeming quality, but Trump is morally bankrupt.

Do I vote for Biden thinking he's got the ability to be great? No.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Joe Biden, Hunter Biden or Biden’s three-legged broke-dick dog before Trump.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was a bit dismayed the other day when I read a post that said by not voting for Trump or Hillary, that was really a vote FOR Trump. I do preface my remarks with "I didn't vote for either of them." The reoccurring problem is, there are no good candidates. It is difficult to figure out who to vote for if there are no good candidates. It'll be the same thing this time.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It's also relative. Voting for the Green Party in California is different than in Florida.

(And there will be no wave for the Green Party this time to strip those key votes away from the Dems. Here's a 2018 clip of the likely candidate Howie Hawkins if you have trouble sleeping....

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Bill Weld is getting thousands of votes against Trump in Indiana and Pennsylvania in the GOP primary, and he dropped out months ago.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL! Sorry, Moddy ... but this will be a joke.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Then it will be short-lived and won't be repeated

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, likely won't last long. But carry on. For now.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Really interesting. And encouraging.

Indiana isn't going blue (still a shocker it did in 2008) but it's a great sign for Pennsylvania.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

A Republican or a Democrat will win, period.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

And that's the way it will be because the system is stacked against third parties. Third parties are spoilers, nothing more. Roosevelt, Perot, Nader, Stein/Johnson all changed the outcomes of elections.

Draft saved Draft deleted