1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NHL Off-season thread (we could be here a while)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

“Now stop it right there! St-st-stop it right there!”

Liut likes this.
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Howie Meeker's Hockey School was an institution during the season.

This book was mandatory for young players:

81-s-MCMiNL.jpg

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well this is a bummer. Best wishes, King.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Ugh that sucks.

Liut and ChrisLong like this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not much to add, but want to post. That just sucks. I hope he is OK.

Liut likes this.
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hate this, I've always liked him and I loved the role the Caps had in mind for him. Was excited but this is 100 percent the right move and priority. I've been struggling since I heard. The guy is basically the same age as my son. Like my son, he has two amazing daughters. I hate for anyone that young to have to go through that. He's an old hockey player but a young man.

Get well Henrik.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Is there a legitimate reason that kid has Butt written on his helmet?

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I don't really like it either, but mostly because the Canadian border isn't going to be opening any time soon, there's not really any other choice. I'm one of those people that notices those little incongruences. It's a Franken-season and it's bullshit but the NHL will be lucky if the Canadian border is open by the time they're down to the four division winners, which according to the plan looks like late June.

I bet Elliotte's bosses are kind of thrilled, though.

Folks in Minnesota are rather peeved because they got thrown in the West division despite being significantly east of Dallas (and for that matter, St. Louis, which is also in the West), which means a ton of 9 and 9:30 p.m. starts they loathe with 24 road games in the Rockies or West.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

So no Western Swing or Canadian Saga? Santa is bringing socks and Necco Wafers to the NHL this year.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still not sure where the Sharks will play this year, thanks to the Santa Clara County order that forced the 49ers to relocate to Arizona, turned San Jose State football into nomads and has Stanford's men's basketball team playing home games in Santa Cruz. Understand camp will be in Arizona and the schedule may be frontloaded with a lot of road games at the start until the situation settles down.

Draft saved Draft deleted