1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And two reporters, who went on the record.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’ll be interested to see if Goodell or the outside counsel hired by the team advise Snyder to release the 14 women from their NDAs.

I’m always skeptical of these internal audits. You chose the law firm, you are paying them, and the instructions are privileged. There isn’t much upside to the women in co-operating either.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Goodell won't do jack shit. It's not like the Redskins are the only franchise where this stuff goes on. And the owners will probably hire their own female"cleaner" to issue a report and recommend league-wide "protocols" regarding use of cheerleaders etc. without naming names or finding fault.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Maybe. We're going to find out how the rest of the owners feel about Dan Snyder. If they like him, he's ok. If they don't like him he's about to get Donald Sterlinged.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No offense or disrespect intended but the huge fireworks that we had been bracing for just turned out to be a dud.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the point of the leaks that suggested sexual assault allegations were on their way. The outrage over this story is far lower than it would have been. It’s a strategy.
    The franchise has been a disgrace.
    Last to integrate. “Fight for Old Dixie” was the last line of the fight song while it was the southernmost team on the East Coast.
    Cooke conspired with Tagliabue to keep an expansion team out of Baltimore, a city that supported the NFL before that was fashionable. The result? The Jacksonvile Jaguars. Nice move.
    Steadfast allegiance to a bigoted nickname.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can guarantee that some NFL owners loathe Dan Snyder. To the point they'd like to fix his wagon for the good of the Shield as they see it. Not speculation this time, just things said in confidence plus deductive reasoning.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's obvious now Snyder's rush to change the nickname was motivated not only by economic pressure, but to add something positive to his legacy.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Already happened — Beth Wilkinson of Wilkinson Walsh. From the ESPN story: “Wilkinson has represented the NFL in a suit challenging the league's Sunday Ticket Package and also has successfully represented the NCAA and Major League Baseball in class-action suits. She also assisted Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation process in addressing allegations of sexual misconduct.”

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Are there enough of them to vote him out without a glass houses-stones factor getting in the way?

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Never miss a chance to turn an NFL issue, any issue, into some kind of rip on the Jaguars

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He totally lucked into his money. I know there are some trust-fund babies who own NFL teams but I agree with you .. I don't think they like Snyder's noveau rich.

Draft saved Draft deleted