1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If The Post reports that, I will be beyond flabbergasted.

3. heyabbott

The stuff about the cheerleaders being pimped out was somewhat covered already by the Post, a few years ago.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I just don't believe Jay Gruden would be involved in anything that interesting.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Leave it to Danny Boy to be lame at even being crooked.

I call shenanigans on the cheerleader stuff.

6. heyabbott

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    It's the perfect crime. The tweet does not say that any of these accusations is true; the tweet says the Post is planning to report them.
    This guy gets his stuff out there and plants it in the public domain.
    And I say this as someone who has always hated that team for a a lot of reasons.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

All in the NFC East. While reporting a travel story in the Fla panhandle in the 90s, a high up resort exec told me Jerry Jones took Cowboys cheerleaders there for sex parties.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is what I expected. Disturbing. Disgusting. Damning. But not to the level of sexual assault or other stuff to which so many alluded. I remain open to the possibility that the team leaked inaccurate word of the really awful stuff in order to prime people. When it comes out and isn't quite that bad, the story ultimately gets less attention than if nothing had been leaked.
    I could be wrong. We shall see.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The story is quite damning on its own. And the more lurid stuff wasn't leaked except out of the fevered brains of some Internet dwellers.

12. heyabbott

Skimmed the article. It seems there are enough NDAs to stymie the more lurid details. Being whored out would be the kind of detail that almost every single victim would decline to discuss. That there were NDA settlements indicates a pattern, and 14 of 15 women declined to be a source for attribution does infer for an intelligent reader a bigger problem. Also, this only deals with employees of the organization, not cheerleaders.

Draft saved Draft deleted