1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We will not have football this fall. At any level. I've been saying this since April. It's not feasible.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a very large step from cancelling the preseason to cancelling games that count.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They can move the first four regular-season games to the back end and push the Super Bowl to early March.

maumann likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Super Bowl COVIDLV is scheduled for Tampa. The snowbirds head home in April. Should be lots of empty beachfront condos then.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You damned libruhl media are gonna get footbawwwwl canceled.

A note to those who claim the libruhl media are to blame for everything: Are you really dumb enough to think that these entities are going to pull the plug on billions of dollars just to appease people with who they disagree politically?

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

NFL players get something like $1,800 a week in training camp. The lost revenues from a preseason game will also preseason game will also reduce the 2021 salary cap due to the revenue loss but is will not be a lot. The two games are generally locally televised and not included in the national television contracts. So there is a little incentive to participate. For the regular season the minimum salary for a second year player is $675,000. I think that at that point a lot more players will be willing to risk playing.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"THERE'S THE TAKEDOWN!"

She should be a color chick for Sunday games.

If it doesn't start at the 2-minute warning, scroll over. Great ending to this one.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

“Large step” meaning large dollar sign.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do wonder if Science is going to be declared Champion of Champions for 2020.

11. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

The NFL follows the money; always has, always will. It's also my choice not to watch if I care not to -- something that'll be easier to do rather than see an endless parade of gaudy ads on the first rows of seats on every play.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The NFL is playing for time. It's all they can do, and I don't blame them for doing it. But I think whenever they try to start training camps, the show comes to a sudden unhappy close.

Draft saved Draft deleted