1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not hard at all. They did keep the records after the name change. The whole thing was stupid and dishonest and it is particularly ridiculous to refer to the Ravens as an expansion team. They didn't come into the league like an expansion team. They arrived in Baltimore with all the advantages that come with being an established franchise.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That doesn't make it less ridiculous.

And the name change means nothing as far as the records. The Tennessee Titans beg to differ.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I saw Toby Gerhart obliterate Notre Dame in 2009. That was a special back. Saw McCaffrey later and he out did that effort. The kid is something else.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If any RB is worth that kind of contract and holds that kind of value, its probably McCaffrey, because of his value as a pass catcher. But man, that still seems a little too rich to me.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah that's my gut, too. "If any back is worth it....but no back is worth it."

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McCaffrey's getting paid as a receiver, not a back. Use that comparison instead.
    PS: Don't know about all you, but I am totally psyched to see how the league decorates Goodell's rumpus room or library or whatever for the draft! Probably busts of Aristotle, Shakespeare and Lincoln.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Why do you care so much about this? Just curious. Browns fans don’t even care about this. They’re well aware of the sham of it all.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Maybe some of the wife’s memorabilia from her Fox News days

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So it’ll be leather and chains?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I care deeply about it, but I'm not a fan of whitewashing history.

Draft saved Draft deleted