1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You can’t spell “jest” without J-E-T-S!

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Man, the Texans are at least not the Lions or Browns, but damn they've had some just awful personnel moves (Ostweiler, now Cooks for Hopkins); damn you almost forget that Watt is there.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe he should demand a trade to play with his brothers. (I kid. The Steelers don't have the cap room and they already have enough money wrapped up in a defensive lineman who has injury issues with Tuitt.)

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm a transplant, so it's kind of fascinating to watch in a way. O'Brien seems like a C+, B- coach, helped by a poor division to make the playoffs and stay employed. It seems crazy that with some of the talent they've had on both sides of the ball, they haven't been able to make it to a conference championship game.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

In two weeks we’ll be in the middle of the draft
    The Lions have picks 3 and 35
    The last time they had No. 3, they took Joey Harrington (although they got Barry Sanders at 3)
    Their last two picks at 35 were Kalimba Edwards and Juan Roque
    NO team fucks up on second-round picks more than the Lions
    Titus Young, Mikel Leshoure, Ikaka Alama Francis, Ryan Broyles, Boss Bailey, Teddy Lehman, Teez Tabor
    I won’t add Drew Stanton only because he has had a decent career as a backup QB
    THAT’s why they’re the Lions

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Of the 32 current franchises, they are they only one to have never played in a conference title game. Granted, they are the most recent expansion team, but that was 18 years ago.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know it's not the bullshit official narrative the NFL sells, but the Browns haven't been in a conference title game. The franchise that was the old Browns is in Baltimore. The current team in Cleveland is an expansion franchise that joined the league in 1999.

I am also aware that nobody else seems interested in seeing it that way, but to me it has always been a joke that the NFL "transferred" the old team's history to the expansion Browns while declaring the Ravens to be an expansion team.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one!

The Colts kept Johnny U and the rest of their history when they moved. The Ravens should be able to claim Paul Brown, Otto Graham, et al.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was part of the settlement between the league and the Browns fans (and city of Cleveland and state of Ohio) who sued when Modell moved. Also, Modell changed the name from Browns to Ravens. Hard to keep the records after that.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

More than Phoenix? I know it’s “a dry heat,” but damn ...

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Houston is a much bigger city than Phoenix. Also, a 90º day in April or May in Phoenix is outdoor heaven, while in H-Town it's instant ball soup.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted