1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I guess he would count. Not an offensive player in the usual sense but he scored.
    Makes Eli unique. None of his linemen or skill players are HOF. Maybe, maybe, maybe OBJ. But I don’t think he will last long enough to put up numbers.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Don’t sleep on Saquon just yet

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Giants are going to run him into the ground by the time his rookie contract is up.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

maybe they were advocare reps

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If the rumors are true, and they are just that.....rumors.....
    Mahomes was looking at 5-200......BEFORE THEY WENT TO THE SUPERBOWL.
    They win the whole thing?........
    Sky is the limit.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Holy shit, this might be the dumbest thing I'll read this week.

Why the 49ers need to think about trading Jimmy Garoppolo

28 is old for an NFL quarterback? In a league where Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Fitzpatrick are all at least effective starters if not still elite talents?
    Oh, and he's been in the league for six years but basically only played for 2 1/2 of those, genius. This was his first full season as a starter.
    But wait, it gets worse.

Cam Newton. Cam. Fucking. Newton.
    The 30-year-old head case quarterback whose body is beat to shit and missed nearly the entire 2019 season, is a better QB option than a 28-year-old with barely any physical mileage on him?
    My god. Whatever case this clown was trying to make lost all credibility with that paragraph.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the Niners were able to get the ball to Kittles more, I think Jimmy G is in Orlando riding next to Mickey instead of Mahomes. (And Ruiz is probably saying the Chiefs should dump Mahomes).

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mmmm, Chevelle. My first ride.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anywhere that 49er fans are calling for his head. This is just lazy columnists looking for something to write/yell about. The refs didn't throw any chum in the water, so the lazy hacks are looking at the next scape goat, the QB.

JFC, the guy is 21-5 in fucking career in the regular season and 2-1 in the playoffs. This was his first full season. Such lazy thinking.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here in Boston, Felger and Mazz, our leading talk show trolls, topped that idiocy with ease. As I type this, they are saying the Niners should cut Garoppolo, then sign Brady, which would then allow the Pats to reacquire Garoppolo.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

They know their audience

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted