1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 18, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My original post was more about Kingsbury's taste in architecture and interior design than that he couldn't afford to blow his money on such a ridiculous place. Every time they showed it the theme music from "Miami Vice" ran through my head.

Batman likes this.
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Webster, Batman and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I give Hill big applause for his multi roles. However to me his passing motion doesn’t look like full time QB. It’s soooo long.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And traded back into the draft to get a guy they openly admit they went after because they see him filling the same role as Hill?
    Signing Winston as your veteran backup isn't a bad move. Doing it when you made the other moves they've made is puzzling. They're not going to carry four QBs on the active roster. Only thing I can figure is they sign Winston to a one-year deal as the No. 2; keep Hill in his current role for 2020 with the idea he's the 2021 starter if Brees retires; and Tommy Stevens goes to the practice squad for the season before getting promoted to the Hill role in 2021.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Those chairs, table and lighting are awful to me, and I like mcm, retro, etc.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps because they think he can also be a WR?
    Even so, that's an awfully expensive sixth receiver.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It is.

I'm mystified by the Taysom Hill thing. People talk like he's the Saints' QB of the future. He's going to be in his 30s the next time he steps on a football field and they don't trust him enough to make him the primary backup. He can't pass.

You're going to pay a guy $21M over two years to run a few gadget plays?

Webster likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Apologies in advance if I get a little defensive about the draft ...

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted