1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Wonderlic is a joke. But I did see Goodell on a video interview with Rich Eisen this morning, and it appears he's set up his videoconferencing for his living room. A sofa and pictures of his family behind him. I imagine it will be decorated in more traditional hideous NFL style for Thursday, like a big shield with matching big footballs behind him.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not a joke on the lower range. It's somewhat of an indicator.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Vince Young doesn't understand what you're talking about.

Liut and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

If you have a subscription to the Athletic, Bob McGinn is doing a breakdown with quotes from executives and scouts of all the top players at each position group with their wonderlic scores so I don’t know that scores are “leaking.”

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’ve heard Tua or Herbert for QB2.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But that injury history! Seriously - I like the Dolphins getting Tua. Injuries or no, if he's healthy it's a game changer. Herbert strikes me as more of a game manager type. If you have a quality team already and just need someone to throw and handoff, you take Herbert.
    With mock drafts being so prevalent, anyone know of a site that actually grades the players without regard to team needs, the QB premium etc.?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you need a game manager why would you draft a QB high?

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Damn, NE only gets a 4th R pick for a future HoFer?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who has been retired for a year and apparently only wanted to come back to play with Brady in Tampa. I'd say they fleeced the Bucs.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A 4th round pick looks very big in April. In November, not so much. I have no idea if Gronk can play at all, let alone at his former level. But if he can come close to the latter, then he's worth more than a 4th rounder, much more, even if it's only for a year.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

NFL.com does. Gives each player a number grade.

NFL Draft Tracker - Prospects | NFL.com

Draft saved Draft deleted