1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They appear to have lost the track.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My money's on Noah.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

obligatory NASCAR weather koan

the only thing worse

than rain at a racetrack

is rain

at a racetrack

with lights

Batman and maumann like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I think the last Tuesday night race was when Juan Pablo Montoya done blowed up the jet dryer.

Driftwood and UPChip like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

I was going to post exactly what Jenna said, but Jenna said it before I could post it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. 2muchcoffeeman

No, that was a Monday because I had sports lead (you’ll never guess what the lead art for Tuesday’s sports section was).

maumann likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How late can they realistically stay at Texas and not mess up prep for Martinsville?

Most teams have two haulers now, and aren’t the shop/at-track crews still essentially segregated from each other?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

They’ve been saying they can stay through Thursday. Helps to not have to deal with qualifying in Martinsville.

Rain could stop after sunset, but with temperatures near 40 degrees.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

We went from

to

before they ever turned on the cameras.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Yep. I had flown to Denver on Sunday to await the Furniture Row team's hauler for a feature story, and within 24 hours was suffering from what the ER thought was a norovirus I might have picked up because most of the people on the flight to Atlanta had come from a cruise ship with an outbreak.

My brother calls me to tell me to watch the race because Montoya's car is ablaze and I have to explain, I'm getting an IV in a room where the only monitor is showing my vital signs.

The car still had huge clumps of Daytona infield grass on it when they finally unloaded it.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For posterity:

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a race that has actually started and taken this long to finish?

Draft saved Draft deleted