1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Loved that Gluck bitched at people who enjoyed it, telling them to "go watch destruction derby." Sorry, Jeff, that was Talladega. Keep up, young man.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

So there’s this.

I don’t know Utter other than he’s been around for a long time. I do know the amount of insensitive stuff I’ve heard in a press box makes any wiseass comments about anxiety disorders seem like child’s play. Put away the pitchforks and accept the guy’s apology.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nobody was going after Utter with pitchforks that I could see, but a certain subset of NASCAR Twitter took the opportunity to make fun of Bowman.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

Expected development.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When does the announcement about the 5 car come? Tomorrow?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

No such announcement will come before Jan. 1, because he won’t be reinstated until then.

maumann likes this.
  7. maumann

Rick Hendrick kept Tim Richmond employed. He'll be perfectly fine having a talent like Kyle Larson. Put a No. 25 on the side.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Couldn’t make a deal with Larson?

9. maumann

Probably couldn't make a deal with Chevrolet to let him go, even though they "suspended their relationship."

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Whoops.

This puts Truex 51 points behind the Championship 4 cutoff.

11. maumann

Michael Waltrip is still hoping for another can of Sterno and a caution flag.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dang, I'd love a time machine ... for so many reasons, and a lot of them are captured right here.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted