1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess I figured as much, but would have thought between salary, prize money and endorsements at least JJ would north of $25m. I'm also really surprised no driver has kind of become a fan favorite since Jr. retired - wouldn't take much, a couple of funny social media posts, sarcastic answers to media questions, some volatility now and then.

Nascar’s Highest-Paid Drivers 2020: Kyle Busch Takes The Lead With $18 Million As Salaries Stall

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Guys gotta be what guys are. JJ wasn't popular when he was an all-time champ. Possibly because he appears to be an intelligent, sensitive human being.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Uber-Debbie Does Daytona ...

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Buncha dang fer'ner grass fairies. Bet Dale's turnin' over in 'is grave.
    Wouldn't let them wrong-talkin' sumbitches in the place if Junior Johnson was still alive.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Soccer in Daytona Beach in July on artificial turf? Might as well call it the "Heat Stroke Festival and Lightning Delay." There's a reason why the Firecracker had a morning start for so many years.

Batman likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Here might be a reflection of NASCAR’s descent; I used to actually pay attention to Petty, Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, hell I remember Bill Elliott in his unbeatable Thunderbird and wondering what was wrong, Jeff Gordon in his rainbow car. But now? What are all the changes? What is the end of the year?

maumann likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And why they were begging for a schedule change to move the race off of that weekend.
    Wonder if this is, at least in part, a logistical experiment for something else, though. Bringing in temporary turf fields and hosting a college football game there like Bristol did would be interesting. Maybe Miami vs. Florida in a Week Zero game?

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Can we get this fucking race started already? Or does Fox need another 30 minutes of Trump fellating?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I clicked over just in time to see him and the hooker standing at the mic and clicked back to hockey.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's gonna rain later, y'all.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Now would be the time to say how much I hate what Cadillac has done with the presidential limousine, which happened under Obama. Just make a Goddam Escalade Instead of trying to make it look like a car.

Draft saved Draft deleted