1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They should use the EA Sports Tiger Woods golf game, since he's already in it.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd love to get a dream foursome with Bobby Jones, Arnie and Jack in their primes simulated and have a real PGA player playing live. Make the course Augusta or a classic Open course with a 50s-60s era layout. And 50s-60s era equipment and balls.

3. maumann

We can be certain Patrick Reed knows all the cheat codes.

Batman and playthrough like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the Masters make players use wooden drivers and flat back irons. They'd have to cut the course by at least 1,000 yards, but it would be a better tournament if players had to really think as they went around the course instead of just fucking overpowering some holes.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Getting back to things that matter, NASCAR today ordered a 25 percent pay cut for corporate officers and a 20 percent pay cut for everyone else for as long as the season stoppage continues.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The point is understood. The balls are more durable and fly a lot farther. The drivers are high-tech.

But most of those irons are the same blades used back in the day. Difficult for hackers to hit, but easier for pros. And they like the feedback.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

How does this break down by stages? Asking for a friend ...

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Fox keeps more money from a broadcast on cable than over the air. They probably felt the iRace would get better ratings so it was on FS1.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. maumann

I truly have no idea. However, the iRace wasn't an officially sanctioned NASCAR event, despite having so many NASCAR drivers involved. And there was no guarantee it would generate any interest. Fox probably got more lucky than anything else.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I watched some of the iRace. It was at least an imaginative try at addressing the lack of real sports. People involved deserve credit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Whoa. I'm sure the corporate schmoes will be fine but that's a notable chunk for rank-and-file employees. The PGA Tour, by comparison, froze wages to last year's levels for regular employees, which I'd have to think isn't a double-digit percentage cut.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

Nice. Gotta love FranceCAR's mission statement: "We make money the old-fashioned way. We were all born with the right last name."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted