1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 24, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking christ. Is this reporting? "I just got a text, so I am going to tweet it"?

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He needs more seasons on the resume. I know we've moved past wins as a measure of pitchers, but I don't think the Hall of Fame is quite ready for a starting pitcher with 66 victories on his resume.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely needs a few more great seasons. With the run support he gets from the Mets, he could be the first starting pitcher in the Hall of Fame with four Cy Youngs and fewer than 100 wins.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

THREE of those guys on the Tigers at the same time and no rings. /not bitter

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They are all in right now except Lester.

6. Della9250

DeGrom needs to pitch three more seasons after this one just to become eligible. And even if they are great, he might be borderline at that point...Is Corey Kluber a lock? because his career is a couple seasons ahead of DeGrom's at this point and there isn't going to be a whole lot of support to put him in.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Stras is better than DeGrom

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Other than being active longer, that’s false in just about every way possible.

HappyCurmudgeon and Fred siegle like this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Can Bumgarner rally back onto the list? He looked like a near lock after 2016 but injuries have derailed him since.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tim Lincecum was a LOCK! after his first 2 Cy Youngs ...

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Screw the cheaters

12. Della9250

He can. He has four seasons on his contract after this one to prove last season was an outlier. The only thing he really needs is counting stats -- he hasn't even made 300 starts yet. Even if he had his 2019 for those four straight years, not counting whatever this year because of the shortened schedule, he'd be 34 with just 155 wins but almost 2,900 innings and more than 2,600 strikeouts.

Draft saved Draft deleted