1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fans have to adjust just like players. I had a warm-up for this experience because I watch golf on TV. At first the no-fans thing was very offputting but by now I don't even notice. Same with baseball. First night, I didn't care for the experience. Second night, much less bothered. By the end of the week, I won't even notice. I will of course NEVER accept the runner on in extra innings rule. Manfred makes Bowie Kuhn look good.

maumann likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Only $350-$400 for a Wrigley rooftop seat.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Every time I see a scratch this year, I'm going to wonder. Almost all of them will be for other reasons. I'm still going to wonder.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can't stand the runner-on-second rule. Everything else I can live with for now.

maumann likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Since we love these debates here

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Yadi is a lock in my mind

swingline and maumann like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yadi is first ballot 90+%

swingline and maumann like this.
  8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

DeGrom? Does he need a couple more dominant years? A third cy young?

9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

First yankee broadcast on their network (yes). They keep having crowd noise, but then cutting it off to let the announcers speak (michael Kay sucks by the way. “There’s a strike” - really? We couldn’t see that? He never has anything interesting to say.) But the abrupt silence when they cut off the crowd noise is disturbing.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The noise for the A's-Angels game friday night sounded weird. Like bees buzzing. Did not sound like the Dodger game I heard.

I am pretty sure I heard Eduardo Perez say that there was buzzing in his headphones. But I couldn't quite make it out because of the buzzing.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted