1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

OK. I'm glad kicking a ball 10 feet away allowing runners to advance is no longer an error.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I will register my periodic objection to the entire statistical category of “error”

sgreenwell and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Go back and watch the replay. Phillips is standing on second as taylor is about to throw. He didn’t go on the throw home, he went after it got away — it was right in front of him

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Base runners have become like NFL wide receivers who want a flag on every ball they don’t catch. No matter how much they are out by, they make the hand motion for a review.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

I was just coming here to say that. Are they going to get fined if they make a running mistake so they hope a replay helps them not lose $1,000?

7. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

You don’t try and steal home without a right handed hitter at bat to help block the catchers view down the line. Learned that in Little League.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Someday Adames will swing at a pitch in the strike zone. Someday.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Why start now?

micropolitan guy likes this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm really all those "Kershaw is mentally beat because he's looked sad when his team lost in shocking fashion" takes can get bent.

12. Spartan Squad

Can I please ask that one team this post season please not do dumb shit on the base paths to take themselves out of an inning against the Dodgers? First and third two outs, get a GD knock. Fuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted