1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I agree with every word from Chris except #BeatLA

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

There should be an error on Taylor because without it there is no chance they send Arozarena as well as the fact that Phillips took second on it -- he's already there as Taylor goes to throw home.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think that's who ended up with the error in the book. It's hard because Taylor's error sent Arozarena home but Smith's whiff on Muncy's throw home allowed him to score. You can't assume the runner will fall down but he did which makes Smith's mistake more costly than Taylor's.

In my book (that is probably biased and certainly not the result of any real baseball experience in official scoring) it's a single and E-9 EDIT: E-8 to allow Phillips to second then an E-2 that allows the winning run because the throw beats Arozarena and would have been close even if he doesn't fall down.

But again, as a Giants fan, I want all the shame on the Dodgers so a single E-9 E-8 is probably the real answer.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

All the calls

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Robinson was 28 when he first set foot on a MLB diamond. By that age most players (not all) have reached the peak level of their careers and have built most of the foundations of their HOF candidacies.
    The "average" HOFer makes the majors young and gets good early. Most were regulars if not stars by 22-23 years old.

Robinson's record from age 28-40 compares well with all the other second basemen in the HOF. Rogers Hornsby for example had 1484 hits after age 27.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Dodger gloves just stopped working.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

As Arozarena rounded third I was thinking”This is like Kenny Lofton in the Kingdome in 1995, except if Kenny Lofton got thrown out by 40 feet.”

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

There’s so much to like about the Rays, not the least their budget compared to the Dodgers
    But until they move out of that obsolete, piece of shit stadium of theirs they’ll never draw shit here, champions or not

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I can't understand a word of those Spanish broadcasts, but they are wonderful. Such passion. "Fantastica!" indeed.

I also love it when an obscure guy makes such a key play in a big Series game, which happens more often that you would think. I'm sure a late pickup like Phillips, who hit less than .200 and wasn't even on the ALCS roster, wondered at night if he'd be accepted on his new team. His worries are over.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Andrew LinkerThe Baseball Reliquary
    1 hr ·
    Geoff Blum gets only one World Series at-bat in his 14-year career in the majors 15 years ago today, and he makes it count.

His two-out, solo homer in the top of the 14th inning for the White Sox snaps a 5-5 tie with the Houston Astros en route to a 7-5 victory in Game 3 of Chicago's four-game series sweep.

Blum's homer off reliever Ezequiel Astacio helps end a marathon that lasts 5 hours and 41 minutes.

Blum's lone at-bat in the Series comes after he enters the game as a defensive replacement for Sox second baseman Tadahito Iguchi in the bottom of the 13th.

Thanks for looking … Andy Linker @www.harrisburgbaseball.com

[​IMG]

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Al Weis MVP award.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Glad he scored because before the stumble he looked like he’s be safe and if he was thrown out from the stumble he becomes Lonnie Smith 2.0, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted