1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I just realized this is MLB's version of the Super Regionals. An eight-team double-elimination World Series would have been an awesome idea!

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Do that for the league playoffs, then have the World Series as per usual.

maumann likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Giolito has a perfect game through 5. Hope I don't JINX it.

Go A's.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Twins are now very close to losing their 17th straight postseason game. That's amazing. And this would be the kind of loss that leads to a loss the next day, too.

maumann likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You wanna trade postseason droughts? I remain hopeful that the A's getting a series - however short it is - instead of a one and done might make a difference this year.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That is truly insane.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They've done stupid stuff 17 straight times. Jesus. An easy out to go to the bottom of the ninth. And then walk the little person who suddenly cant hit any more.

F them.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It helps that he rarely has to worry about money. There was no genius involved in his last World Series championship, which was arguably the most blatant example of buying a title in my lifetime.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Karl Ravich put the question of why the Astros suddenly cant hit this year on a tee for his cohorts in the first inning. The other 2 announcers whiffed.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not true at all.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Moreso than the 2003 Marlins? Or the '97 Marlins?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The 2009 Yankees were hardly bought. Position players Posada, Cano, Jeter, Gardner and Cervelli were homegrown Yankees. Matsui came to the US with the Yankees. Pettite, Wang, Rivera, Chamberlain, Hughes, Coke, Robertson and Aceves, the heart of the pitching staff, were home-grown. Others (Swisher, Albaladejo) were obtained by trades. ARod, Tiexeira, Damon, Burnett and CC were the only notable free-agents on that team. And most of them had already been free agents elsewhere, so if the Yankees are guilty of buying them, so were others.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted