1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

That's baseball. Last outing, Graterol looked like the greatest pitcher of all time. He was hitting corners with 100 mph gas. Last night, not so much. If Wilson pitches again, he might get his ass handed to him, too.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also begs the question, how much of this is on Roberts? Monday morning quarterbacking, for sure, but we've seen this movie so many times. Kershaw left in too long, Roberts with a quick hook, etc.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As I noted upthread, Kershaw has only been left in too long three times in 34 career postseason starts.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So is Houston going to be the second team to overcome a 3-0 deficit?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure many would say that would be a perfect 2020 moment.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What the hell was Ozuna doing?? It’s not that hard, tag up after the catch (or bounce) you’re safe either way. Why dance away?? That was a momentum killer.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Most blatant example ever of a runner leaving early on a tag up play. And the umpire missed it. The Dodgers appealed and it was denied before the video review.

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

And Joe Buck making an excuse for him that he may have had too many players in front of him obstructing his view. Bullshit.

They have a third base coach for a reason. That was totally inexcusable.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    qtlaw and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Watching it live first thing I thought of was he had to have left early to be that safe. As I recall they showed the angle behind the third-base coach and there didn't seem to be much in the line of sight of Ozuna or the third base coach.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The fielding answer to flinging your bat up in the air on a home run.

sgreenwell and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted