1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Oakland Z’s.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When do the Rays dangle Snell out as trade bait?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A 27-year-old lefty with a career 3.24 ERA and 10.5 k/9 ratio who is signed at $10M per year through 2023? They'd better get a goddamned great haul if they're going to give that up.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

He’s like David Price and James Shields — when he’s on, he’s amazing, but if he struggles with location he’s gonna get shelled.

5. bigpern23

I mean, isn't that most pitchers?

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

One thing they have in common is that if they can’t place their pitches, they can’t fake their way through it … and then multiple balls end up in the cheap seats.

7. tapintoamerica

Or Snelled, as the case is tonight.
    The Rays are really an incredible organization. You're predisposed to think their window is always about to close, and it somehow stays open. Terrible stadium. Terrible market: large but filled with old Yankee and Red Sox fans. And somehow they still win.

8. tapintoamerica

Who is this David Price you speak of?

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. bigpern23

Stanton bombs a grand slam to center and two pitches later Curtiss buzzes Urshela under the chin.

Fuck Kevin Cash and his whole team.

10. tapintoamerica

I know these two have had issues for a while now, but isn't head-hunting because you're frustrated by your own ineptitude just a bit juvenile? Especially in the playoffs?

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. bigpern23

He did it to Torres, too.

12. tapintoamerica

If the identity of today's NYY starter is a surprise, can we assume his job will be to buzz the Rays' leadoff hitter, get tossed and send a silly message? I hope that doesn't happen. This isn't some meaningless game in August. And I'm not exactly rooting for NYY.

Draft saved Draft deleted